Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i have over 800mb traffic to uklon6-vip-bx-001.aaplimg.com  17.253.37.201 in 24 hours?

Hi Guys,

can anyone tell me why i have such high data usage between a router on my domain and this - uklon6-vip-bx-001.aaplimg.com 17.253.37.201

My initial assumption is that someone on this site is using an apple product that is constantly streaming data from the above location but i have no way of establishing what this particular URL is used for within apple or what specific device is likely to be using it.

The users on the site are complaining about a slow connection and as this is downloading over 800mb in a 24 hour period (doesnt sound like a lot but its a very slow link) it would suggest that some service or one of the users on the site is doing something that is causing the problem.

rather than just blocking the traffic i'd rather establish exactly what is producing it so that we can educate the users on site rather than removing services. It may just be a red herring but if someone can shed light on it for me that would be a big help.

Michael

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 4:59 AM

2 replies

Aug 15, 2015 12:25 PM in response to BDAqua

If it is iTunes could it be Apple Music streaming radio or iCloud?

Are you able to monitor at the router or switch? It should be a case of seeing what local device is requesting data from that host to narrow your search to the clients. If you have a spare Mac & many Apple based clients you may consider setting up Apple server to aggregate Apple downloads via it's caching server, OS X is becoming very internet dependant.

why do i have over 800mb traffic to uklon6-vip-bx-001.aaplimg.com  17.253.37.201 in 24 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.