Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix miss junk mail in folder

I have a secondary account that shows I have junk mail but I can't see it I have tried to rebuild but that is grayed out. I have 10.6.8 osx. mail is 4.6 (1085),

how do I fix this? I should tell you that the box is not grayed out.

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 9:44 AM

14 replies

Aug 14, 2015 10:28 AM in response to ydelle

Please explain how you know you have junk messages? Are you seeing messages in the Inbox that are marked as junk in the message header?

If yes, open Mail > Preferences > Junk Mail > Select

• When junk mail arrives:
  • Select Move it to the Junk Mailbox

What type of account is the secondary account? Comcast, Earthlink, Cox, ATT, Yahoo, iCloud, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail.....

Aug 14, 2015 12:58 PM in response to ydelle

Could you post a screen shot?

Command-Shift-3 takes the entire screen

Command-Shift-4 takes a portion of the screen. <--use this one

Click on the camera icon in the toolbar of the reply window to post. Select image to upload.

Blurr out your private info using markup in Preview.

You might want to consider running the combo updater over your install to refresh your files. This will often fix odd issues you are having.

Combo updater: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update v.1.1 - 1.09 GB

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

MORE INFO ON WHY RUNNING COMBO FIXES ISSUES

Apple updates available from the Software Update application are incremental updates. Delta updates are also incremental updates and are available from Apple Downloads (software updates are generally smaller than delta updates). The Combo updates contain all incremental updates and will update files that could have become corrupted.

Combo updaters will install on the same version as they're applying--no need to roll back or do a clean install. So if you think you've got a borked 10.6.8 install from a regular update, just run the 10.6.8 Combo Updater on that system.

"Delta" updaters can only take you from one version to the next. For example: 10.6.7 to 10.6.8. If somehow the 10.6.8 is missing something it should have, and that something isn't changed between 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 it will still be stale after the delta update.

Aug 14, 2015 1:42 PM in response to ydelle

Notice the disclose triangle next to the Junk folder. This indicates there is a subfolder. Normally there is no subfolder here.

Toggle open to see the folder.

You should be able to delete this folder. The (1) is for an unread message in the subfolder. If there are messages there you can move to the correct folder.

Combo updaters would not delete any data. If you have Time Machine you can restore your bookmarks.

Aug 14, 2015 4:43 PM in response to ydelle

We should have seen the subfolder under Junk.

Deleting the Junk folder should be OK, but a safer option would be to remove the account then add back.

Because this is a POP account you must backup your Inbox before removing the account.

Select the Inbox for sbcglobal.net 2.

Under Mailbox in the Menu bar, select Export Mailbox...

In addition, you need to export your Drafts and Sent folders.

Option 2) Copy the entirePOP- sbcglobal.net 2 to the Desktop. This contains a backup of your default folders.

Remove the account in Mail.

Be sure the POP- sbcglobal.net 2 is deleted in your User's Library/Mail as well.

Add the account back.

Most likely you have left message in the Inbox on the server. These will be duplicates you have previously downloaded. You can remove all but the newest messages that were not exported.

After you assign the folders for Drafts, Junk, Trash import your data from the folder on the Desktop.

Go to Mail's File menu and select "Import". Then choose "Mail for Mac OS X" and when asked for the location, select thePOP- sbcglobal.net 2 folder. Select your Inbox, Drafts and Sent folders.

These will show up under "On My Mac" under Import. You can then move the messages to the default folders.

how to fix miss junk mail in folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.