Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts mess

I don't know how it began and why Contacts is such a mess but it is duplicates upon duplicates and I try to join cards and delete and don't know what, but it shouldn't become like this at all. What I know, I have just added addresses. I can add a screenshot which shows (in Norwegian) how things are duplicated and this is how it is after a cleanup... I can't delete Alle iCloud which is duplicated and the rest was too.

Hope someone has a good tip. I am fed up with this and can't be bothered to deal with it, either, as it always returns to a more or less messy state.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Final Cut Pro X, Canon HV30

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 11:20 AM

4 replies

Aug 26, 2015 12:14 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for the reply and sorry for responding so late but I was expecting to receive a notification but didn't. Seems like the system has changed and I see there is a button for Email Updates and it was set to off.
Anyway, I hope this helped but I see there is something about 2 Apple IDs. Apple should have made this simple a long time ago, making it possible to merge two accounts, but to search for duplicates went easier than the last time I tried. Then it took forever and I just had to force quit the whole process.

So far, so good and let us see if it will stay that way. Now to see if there is something to be done with the other ID...

Aug 26, 2015 12:26 PM in response to Linc Davis

I have to add some info to this; it seems like I found the solution and don't ask me how it has happened, but the problem was not caused by 2 Apple IDs (which I do have, though) but the same ID activated twice in Contacts! See attached screen shots. So the solution might be as simple as that, go to the Settings in Contacts and check if your Apple ID has been duplicated and both are activated. How this has happened is beyond me because I haven't done it, what I know of. But there it is. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Contacts mess

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.