Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch home button is not working.

So my iPod touch home button isn't working. I made an appointment and took it in to the apple store to see if they could help. When I went there, they said that they couldn't help. I have the iPod touch 5g which I bought almost 3 years ago. (Black Friay right after it was released). So was the only reason they couldn't help me becuase I was out of my warranty? And is there any way I can fix it/get it fixed? Apple gave me the option of buying one for $149, but I didn't want to take that option, as I have so many things on the iPod.

Thanks for the help

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 12:38 PM

- You can move info from the old device to the replacement by:

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

Try:

http://snapguide.com/guides/calibrate-your-home-button/?utm_expid=69945963-15

fix for Home button

iPhone Home Button Not Working or Unresponsive? Try This Fix

- If you have iOS 5 and later you can turn on Assistive Touch it add the Home and other buttons to the iPods screen. Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch

- Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $149 as you know:

- There are third-party places like the following that will repair the Home button. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2015 12:38 PM in response to NeonPeace12

- You can move info from the old device to the replacement by:

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

Try:

http://snapguide.com/guides/calibrate-your-home-button/?utm_expid=69945963-15

fix for Home button

iPhone Home Button Not Working or Unresponsive? Try This Fix

- If you have iOS 5 and later you can turn on Assistive Touch it add the Home and other buttons to the iPods screen. Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch

- Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $149 as you know:

- There are third-party places like the following that will repair the Home button. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

My iPod touch home button is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.