Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 53 iphone 6

error 53 iphone 6

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 12:13 PM

62 replies

Nov 9, 2015 10:40 AM in response to xmartinex

No, error 53 is related to a security issue in the Touch ID on the iPhone. It reports that something is amiss and someone may be trying to bypass the security on that phone. If Apple allowed the non-authorized repair sites to replace the Touch ID with a replacement they would become the perfect place to go to for bypassing security on the iPhone and make Touch ID a worthless feature. You will find that all companies using these biometric measures have the same rules.

If you had taken your iPhone with the cracked screen to an Apple Store or AUTHORIZED repair site you could have had it fixed. If you had gone to a reputable 3rd party site they would have told you they could not obtain a replacement Touch ID or they would have been smart enough to use your original Touch ID. They didn't.

This whole issue was caused by YOU. Accept your responsibility and move on.

Nov 9, 2015 10:44 AM in response to xmartinex

No, error 53 does not delete your data it just reports that the phone cannot be restored because the security has been breached. It is possible you may be able to access the data using 3rd party software such as TouchCopy or PhoneView or iExplorer. If the 3rd party repair site you used saved your old Touch ID they can put it back into your phone which will solve your error 53 problem. If you are a reasonable person and backed up your iPhone there is extraction software that can access it.

Feb 8, 2016 1:58 AM in response to KiltedTim

I Totally agree. I don't have this problem with my iphone, however when I read about it I thought that it is just WRONG on Apple's part to shut iPhones down with the Error 53 message. I own Apple everything (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Mac Book Pro), however I am thoroughly disgusted to read what Apple are doing to people with the flimsy excuse of 'security'. If this did happen to me I would be straight into the local Consumer Affairs office asking them to take action.

error 53 iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.