Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Behringer X1204USB - Logic Pro X compatibility

I have purchased a Behringer X1204USB mixer in order to do multitrack recording. I was previously using a M-Audio interface.

Although Logic "sees" the device as "USB audio CODEC", it will not accept any "input" signal when plugging in a microphone.

I have searched the Behringer site and Youtube for answers but can't find anything.

Does anyone know in the M-Audio drivers can be causing interference or how to resolve this issue?

Any kind of help would be appreciated at this time as I'm about to return the mixer if I can't get Logic to see 4 channels.

Thanks in advance...

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 27 inch, 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB ram

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 3:16 PM

Its not if any interface is compatible with a DAW such as Logic.. but if it is compatible with the current OS X version you have installed...

According to others, that Mixer/interface does work fine with Yosemite...

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XENYX-X1204USB-12-Channel-Mixer/forum/Fx42B8IOXU 3QJQ/-/3?asin=B0039PPW60&cdSort=best

As for other drivers interfering? Yes.. you should uninstall any other drivers.... then restart your Mac and test.....

Failing that, contact Behringer support for assistance....

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/ask-a-question.aspx

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Rogerdl74

Its not if any interface is compatible with a DAW such as Logic.. but if it is compatible with the current OS X version you have installed...

According to others, that Mixer/interface does work fine with Yosemite...

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XENYX-X1204USB-12-Channel-Mixer/forum/Fx42B8IOXU 3QJQ/-/3?asin=B0039PPW60&cdSort=best

As for other drivers interfering? Yes.. you should uninstall any other drivers.... then restart your Mac and test.....

Failing that, contact Behringer support for assistance....

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/ask-a-question.aspx

Aug 16, 2015 9:28 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks for the help.

I've removed all M-Audio related files, even did a full re-install of the Logic Pro X. I still can't get a signal to the Mac. The Mac can send a signal via USB to the mixer, as I use the mixer to control my monitors, but the Mac will not receive a signal, except for the fact that it recognizes the device as a "USB audio CODEC".

I have sent Behringer a correspondence.

My next step is to bring to to a friends house to try to connect to his Mac Mini to see if he can receive a signal via GarageBand.

Aug 16, 2015 9:45 AM in response to Rogerdl74

Its worthn noting that you have to set up the Mixer correctly and then select the correct inputs/outputs to hear anything you plug into the mixer..

Example: Is your mixer showing the input from the Mic?

Which input channel on the Mixer are you using and is it being routed to the correct output of the mixer?

Are you then selecting the matching output from the mixer as the input in Logic via an audio track?

Finally, is OS X's Audio/Midi utility showing the Mixer correctly and is it setup up properly in there?

Audio Midi Setup: Set up your audio devices

Aug 16, 2015 11:22 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

I've done a complete live setup with the mixer through a PA system and everything works as it should.

I've finally managed to get a signal to be seen by Logic. But only 2 channels as opposed to 4. There was a USB to Main that was not in the correct position (oh the aggravation 🙂) which allowed the signal to be seen by the Mac.

The Audio Midi Setup sees the device with 2 in and 2 outs. I was hoping to be able to use 4 ins as the mixer should allow for that. I will do other research to have this issue fixed.

Thanks for your help and patience, I do appreciate it greatly.

Behringer X1204USB - Logic Pro X compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.