Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 4.1 & 4.0 on the 4s

My battery drains to 0 in a day even when not used sitting in standby. I have tried resetting to factory settings & resetting to new phone. I have replaced the battery 2X. To trouble;e shoot the issue I tried to see if the battery drains when the phone is turned off. I cannot turn the phone off & keep it off. When I turn it off it turns

back on in a few minutes automatically.

My phone has become useless!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 4:35 PM

6 replies

Aug 14, 2015 5:58 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

Thanks for the reply. I Originally thought it was the battery since it was 4 years old & so is my wife's. She replaced her battery but did not update her ios. I assumed my issue was also the battery because the original battery was draining fast. It is not the battery! My wifes phone is also the 4s her phone turns off & stays off with ios 8.2 just as my phone did. This is the 3rd battery in the phone, the orginal =did not work, & 2 replacements same issue! ?I have tried everything except go back to ios 8.2 but that seems to be impossible with ios?

Aug 27, 2015 11:28 PM in response to me_mayhem

I was told they do not replace batteries? What?? I asked if they had any other 4s 64gig phones, & the response is no! I decide to get the battery replaced by a non-Apple brainwashed approved tech. Same issue battery drains like it is being over worked. I asked for a different battery & they obliged. but same issue the battery drains & the phone gets hot. Then I am told apple does replace the batteries..WTH? after a few minutes then they say we no not replace the battery but we replace the phone for the price of the battery? So here i am with ****** software & really bad communication coming from an apple store that assures me there is nothing wrong with the software. I guess there really is nothing wrong with the software, as it was designed to not work. I think I'm going to go back to a dumb phone, then there will be no expectations other than a weeks worth of batter life.

Hmmmmm not much can be done?

Aug 28, 2015 5:27 AM in response to me_mayhem

Has anyone you talked to asked about allowing/setting music to run almost constantly in the background? If you are not deliberately running the music, double click the home button, then swipe the descriptive material that sits above each icon up and off the page. That will terminate the app and it should stop using power. Check periodically to be sure you are not using those resources.

Also turn off resources you do not need, such as Bluetooth.

iOS 4.1 & 4.0 on the 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.