Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the range of music available include a wide range of Classical music?

I am looking only at classical music, say Berlioz Requiem, Te Deum, Dupre, Widor and Vienne, plus medieval and early Baroque?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 4:49 PM

13 replies

Aug 14, 2015 6:19 PM in response to daylesmith

Dayle, I don't have Apple Music so I am speaking without direct knowledge. With that caveat, Berlioz's Requiem is very popular of course, and you should find many recordings out there. What I have found out with most streaming stores is that the most popular Classical selections are all there but the more avant-garde like Charles Widor may not. In is easy to find Baroque selections like Corelli but early B. becomes more difficult, not a lot of Praetorius out there. Since you can get a free trial for three months I would join it and see if it includes your preferences. Not a lot to loose.... Or maybe bobseufert can check for you.

Aug 14, 2015 9:42 PM in response to deggie

You don't need Apple Music to do a search, just go to the music store and do it. Widor, no Praetorius yes.

Deggie, thanks for the tip. Do they play Praetorius in Bedford, Texas? I am in The Woodlands not too far from you, and no the Classical station here does not play P. nor Widor for that matter. Maybe I should consider Apple Music after all... 🙂 🙂 🙂

Aug 15, 2015 5:35 PM in response to bobseufert

I've yet to experience that except with "preview" material made available for not yet released items. According to everything released by Apple, Apple Music pays for access to the iTunes Music library. And they will be more than happy to sell you any of it and make it very easy to buy it. Nice of them.

And exception is Beats 1, they do play material sometimes not in iTunes Music. With digital editing of course to attain a G rating. Really funny to listen to sometimes.

Does the range of music available include a wide range of Classical music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.