Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iie printer help

so i created a graphics program on my apple iie and the PR#1 code prints text just fine but i cant get it to print the graphics. My apple dot matrix printer is working fine and so is my iie but i just cant find any codes to print the graphics!

Apple iie-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 5:31 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 7:17 PM in response to Vintagecomputerman

Vintagecomputerman wrote:

so i created a graphics program on my apple iie and the PR#1 code prints text just fine but i cant get it to print the graphics.

There's no native capability in the Apple II line to print graphics. That was purely a function of either your printer card's firmware or else you had to write software to convert a graphics screen to printer control codes (and remember in those days - they all had different codes!). So there's no magic here - either you're sending those codes yourself and you know a lot about your printer, or you wish you had a printer interface that did this for you. The stock parallel printer interfaces didn't.

Nov 17, 2015 5:07 PM in response to Vintagecomputerman

That takes me back! I seem to remember the ability to print graphics from an Apple IIe depended on the the grahics interface card. I used to have one called a "Grappler" and it allowed printing of graphics. I don't remember the codes, but I remember printing all kinds of graphics. There was software called "Printshop" that allowed the layout and printing of graphics on greeting cards, posters and banners. This software used the graphics card. While I think of it, there was an intergrated package called Appleworks that had word pro, spreadsheet and database. Clipart was available to insert into text. Charts could be done in the spreadsheet and inserted in word pro. I could print all this on my 9-pin DMP.

Here is a link to a pdf of the Grappler manual.

http://apple2online.com/web_documents/grappler__printer_interface_-_user__s_guid e.pdf

Have fun.

j

Apple iie printer help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.