Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2.2 only syncing epubs purchased from iBooks store

Updated to IOS 8.4.1, iTunes 12.2.2, and OSX 10.10.5 yesterday.

Now, iTunes only shows the option to sync epubs purchased from the iBooks store to my iPhone 6.

All other ePubs do not show up in list of available books to sync. All the books are there in iBooks on my Mac, but iTunes doesn't see them.

Called Apple Support, they were baffled and couldn't figure out out.

Help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, iTunes 12.2.2

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 6:50 PM

4 replies

Aug 25, 2015 7:43 AM in response to JackPanama

Same Problem here which I have entered under an iTunes thread. In my case about a third of my books are listed in iTunes under books, and ⅔ under audiobooks. Trying to email an epub works for some entries but not other. Also noticed that successful syncing of my iPad is now random and and often requires a reboot of the iOS device. Several of the books I am reading have now been deleted from my iPad. Its really frustrating

Found an entry on the internet for a so-called fix, but when applied it broke my ibook requiring re-install of my OSX. So be careful acting on of what you read. I suppose we'll have to wait until Apple fixes this bug. Thank you all for your contribution, at least I'm not alone!

iTunes 12.2.2 only syncing epubs purchased from iBooks store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.