Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple computers on same LAN over WAN

I have a computer running ARD in one office and would like to use it to manage all the Macs in our other offices.

I know how to setup port forwarding to allow access to one Mac on a different network, but that doesn't solve the issue of managing multiple computers.

What are my options for managing multiple computers that are on a different LAN from the one where the computer with ARD resides?

Thanks!

Apple Remote Desktop-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 8:43 PM

1 reply

Aug 22, 2015 4:38 AM in response to techguydc

Hi

Each computer on the LAN needs to have an unique external port number mapped to the internal port numbers.

So you would map an external port 3284 to internal port 3283 and 5901 to 5900 redirected to the local IP of the computer within your router port forwarding area. Just keep adding a new pair external port numbers for each computer in the LAN you want to control.

On your external computer, you add your LAN computer by using the domain name of your home network and those external port number pairs you added to your router's port forwarding page.

cheers

Michael

multiple computers on same LAN over WAN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.