Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Touch (5th Gen) has battery or display issues.

Ok, so basically my iPod Touch won't turn on. But when I say that, I mean that when I hold down the power button the logo appears and then the logo disappears (it stays there sometimes 58 seconds to 1 minute). Almost as if it would turn off instantly after it just turned on.Then when it turns off, if you try to turn it back on, the whole process with the logo appearing and disappearing. As for specs: I have very low memory: Approximately 300MB left out of 34GB. The story is that after last night I installed the new update (iOS 8.4.1, it said it fixed Apple Music bugs) woke up, it worked fine. Then I left the house with my iPod charging while it was powered off as i always do, and when I come home, that happened. I've already tried the reboot (holding down the power and home buttons) trick and I've left it charging for a long time (5 hours approximately) and still no result. Please get back to this as soon as possible. ANY feedback or tips would help.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4.1, Downloaded 8.4.1 yesterday.

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 11:19 PM

1 reply

Aug 15, 2015 1:19 AM in response to s5hadow99

See what you missed here:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod Touch (5th Gen) has battery or display issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.