You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to Mac OS X 10.10.0

Hello,

I am trying to update my Mac OS X software to 10.10.0.

I currently am running Version 10.8.5 on a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 Mac with 8 GB of RAM.

I have downloaded both the OS X 10.10.1 and OS X 10.10.5.

I'm not able to install either version, because the installer says I need to install version 10.10.0 first.

I can't find version 10.10.0 online.

Could anyone please help me by posting a download link to OS X 10.10.0?

The software is also not downloading properly from the software update (it says 'error') so the only way I can download the update is by manually downloading this.

I also tried to update to version 10.9, but the OS X Install update said the software is not supported on my system.

I need to get my software updated so I can get some new DJ software working for work!

Thank you!

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 9:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2017 8:15 PM

1. Open App Store application on your computer

2. Once in App Store, Sign into your Apple account at the top under "Store" drop-down menu.

3. Once your Apple account is signed in, click on the "Purchased" icon at the top of the App Store Application window.

4. Once in the Purchased tab, you should see all of your previous purchased software. "IF" you previously have purchased any of the older Operating Systems (OS), you should see the old versions of the Apple OS if you previously had downloaded it. You can only get El Capitan now as a "new" upgrade download.

Hope that helps!

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2017 8:15 PM in response to sarasimms327

1. Open App Store application on your computer

2. Once in App Store, Sign into your Apple account at the top under "Store" drop-down menu.

3. Once your Apple account is signed in, click on the "Purchased" icon at the top of the App Store Application window.

4. Once in the Purchased tab, you should see all of your previous purchased software. "IF" you previously have purchased any of the older Operating Systems (OS), you should see the old versions of the Apple OS if you previously had downloaded it. You can only get El Capitan now as a "new" upgrade download.

Hope that helps!

Updating to Mac OS X 10.10.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.