Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 boot camp 6 trackpad issues can't click and drag

Anyone else having this problem with Windows 10? I can no longer click with one finger and drag with my other finger. Suggestions or fixes?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), Other OS

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 11:53 PM

27 replies

Aug 19, 2017 7:33 PM in response to crxss

Hello,

I know this thread is old, but this is how it worked for me.

First, you have to make sure that drag is checked in boot camp control panel.

The Drag works in the following way:

- if you choose to make the secondary click on the left corner, then you can only drag with the bottom right corner of your trackpad.

- if you choose to make the secondary click on the right corner, then you can only drag with the bottom left corner of your trackpad.

In other word you can only drag with a specific region of your trackpad, which is kind of odd with you use to drag with the entire trackpad.

I hope this help

Cordially

Aug 19, 2017 7:34 PM in response to crxss

Hello,

I know this thread is old, but this is how it worked for me.

First, you have to make sure that drag is checked in boot camp control panel.

The Drag works in the following way:

- if you choose to make the secondary click on the left corner, then you can only drag with the bottom right corner of your trackpad.

- if you choose to make the secondary click on the right corner, then you can only drag with the bottom left corner of your trackpad.

In other word you can only drag with a specific region of your trackpad, which is kind of odd with you use to drag with the entire trackpad.

I hope this help

Cordially

Aug 15, 2015 2:10 PM in response to Loner T

yes I have all of the drivers that came with Bootcamp 6 installed. Previously I had Bootcamp 5.1 and the trackpad was able to work perfectly. It's just this version wont allow me to click and drag with a second finger on the pad.

disabling the multi-touch driver allows me to click and drag but then i lose the ability to use two finger scrolling and right click.

Aug 15, 2015 4:31 PM in response to crxss

Hello. I´m from Spain, and my english is not very good. Excuse me for that.

I have a 2014 mac mini with yosemite, and I used bootcamp to install windows 8.1 in another partition. Now I want to upgrade to windows 10, and " Get windows 10" says that it's all ready. OS X is actualized, but in windows, bootcamp says vr. 5.1. Can I actualize now and actualize bootcamp to vr. 6 from windows 10 or must I wait until bootcamp 6 in windows 8.1 is installed?

Windows 10 boot camp 6 trackpad issues can't click and drag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.