Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracks missing from iPod but says completely synced with Music library

My music library has 9705 but my iPod classic contains only 9702. I been trying to search for those three missing tracks but can't find them. There aren't any duplicates and I did the reset warnings. I wiped my iPod classic and did a clean sync with my music library but there are still three missing tracks. I can't find anymore solutions. Please help!

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 4:40 AM

12 replies

Aug 16, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Mohammed_91

Smart playlists really aren't that difficult. You can examine the ones you have already to get an idea of how they work. I have a script call ImportDevicePlaylists that can read off the playlist from the device. You could then create a smart playlist with the rules Playlist is Music and Playlist is not <Device>\Music which should show the problem tracks.

Or it could simply be that iTunes isn't very good at counting. 😮

tt2

Aug 16, 2015 4:36 PM in response to turingtest2

I just synched my iPod. I have 26,281 songs on my iTunes. Only 13,189 were synched. I had opted to synch only checked items, but only about 200 items were unchecked. A message warned me that 100 songs could not be synched because "file type unsupported"--no idea what this means, since they're mp3s I've had on my iTunes for years and have synched numerous times on my series of iPods. So that's question one. Question two is: what happened to the other 12,000-odd songs?

Aug 26, 2015 4:36 PM in response to baraque-fraiture

Sorry not to have got back sooner. I'm not sure if the 100 song count is accurate. It is a while since I saw one of those messages but I think it might mean at least 100 songs. If I recall the list it shows is limited to 100 but might not show all failures.

I cannot think of a good reason for content that previously synced to be rejected now. 😕

tt2

Aug 26, 2015 9:19 PM in response to turingtest2

Yes, thank you, that's the impression I got also. I furthermore get the impression that these are actually songs that have been on my iTunes for an especially lomg time and maybe haven't been played in a while--playlists on my iPod may contain only those numbers I've played lately. Do you suppose chucking everything into a "smart" playlist might do the trick? Of course, the only way to find out is to try, isn't it? If anyone else has any ideas about this, I'd be grateful if you'd tell me.

Aug 27, 2015 10:00 AM in response to baraque-fraiture

You could try iTunes Folder Watch with its option to check for dead tracks on startup. That way you'd at least know if iTunes is properly connected to all of the content in the media folder.

You've not made use of the new iCloud Music Library feature have you? This can let you access your content from multiple computers, but files downloaded via it cannot be placed on non-iOS devices because they don't support the necessary DRM mechanisms.

tt2

Tracks missing from iPod but says completely synced with Music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.