Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Navigating back after following link in iBooks author

Hello,

I have this issue that is driving me crazy and I hope you have the answer.

I am working on a books that has many hyperlinks to connect to other chapters and sections.

Of course after activating one of those links I want to test it and that takes me to that other part of the book what is good.

However, if I want to come back to the place where I was working on I need to go across all the pages in between what is annoying.

What can I do to go back to the current place where I am currently working ?

Thanks,

Jonathan M.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 3:41 AM

2 replies

Aug 16, 2015 6:33 AM in response to jonathan157

Adding to sb0117's excellent answer, you could build a "Back" link if and only if there is but one point of origin (POA). If there are two or more POAs, you wouldn't be able to tell which one the reader used to get there so couldn't return them. You would only do this if you were concerned that the reader wouldn't or couldn't use the back links generated by the iBooks app. They are feint in color and out of context so quite easily missed by readers.

The iBooks app uses a method similar to the History function in modern web browsers. I have proposed (via iBA feedback) that Apple add a Back link tag to iBA's Character Styles (like Hyperlink) that would use the history data to "return the reader to wherever they were before coming here."

Navigating back after following link in iBooks author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.