Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to read Apple Store Giftcard - "no pass available for this code"

I bought an Apple Store Gift Card online, when I tried to add to Passbook (from the email) I got a message saying "no pass available for this code". I spent almost 2 hours being sent round Apple support and in the end I was told that the type of voucher I had would not add to Passbook (even though there was a link on the email to do so!). I went into an Apple Store this morning to buy an actual Apple Store Gift Card, guess what, when I tried to scan the card into Passbook using my iPhone I got a message stating "no pass available for this code"... The guys in the Apple Store did not know why it was not working. They checked the card and it was fine.

Any ideas why Passbook is not working with Apple's own Store Gift Card??

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 6:54 PM

I had the same issue too. It says cannot download this code. Before it was working fine. Talked to the customer service too, they have no idea what is going on.. they keep on transferring calls from one person to another. my iPhone is recently updated to latest iOS .

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 1:05 AM in response to Antony-D-Emanuele

Issue resolved - If anyone has had this issue you may want to try adding something to Passbook as hopefully it will now work for you.

I contacted Apple about this issue and was escalated to one of their senior support people (who gave you direct contact details). I sent him screenshots of the issue. He was very helpful and promised a response by 20th August. Disappointingly I never received a call back despite a couple of follow up emails from me and a message left on his voicemail. Anyhow, I tried Passbook again yesterday and I could scan in my Giftcard, so whatever the issue was has been resolved. A shame no one from Apple got back to me to confirm that the issue has been fixed...

Trying to read Apple Store Giftcard - "no pass available for this code"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.