Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 App icons very small

I am using the MacBook Pro 2015(15" Mid) with Bootcamp 6.

MacBook Pro11, 4, 16GB RAM and Iris Pro Graphics 5200. After installing windows 10, I realized that icons displayed inside most of my Apps are too small. Below are two pictures to explain what I am talking about:

Adobe Photoshop Icons

User uploaded file

Autodesk Maya Icons

User uploaded file

Any solution to fix this problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 6:39 AM

11 replies

Aug 15, 2015 6:46 AM in response to hangemhigh

That's a normal problem with Retina MacBooks and Windows, and you only have to change the size of icons and text to fix it.

Have a look at this Microsoft article -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v= t It applies to Windows 8.1, but it should be similar in Windows 10 (remember that Microsoft has redesigned the Settings app, so after opening it, go to System -> Display, where you will be able to change text and icon size).

Aug 15, 2015 8:23 PM in response to mende1

After hours of searching online, I found a way to do it.

1. Right click on the exe file the choose Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box.

2. Then go to Settings->System->Advanced display settings->

Then change the resolution to 1920 x 1200.

That is the only way to fix this by now. I am using Photoshop CS6 and it does not support DPI. The same as Maya. The whole OS does not look good with these settings but the icons in Photoshop and Maya looks better.

Wish there is another way of fixing this without changing the resolution. Thanks for your help.

Windows 10 App icons very small

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.