Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't See Disk/DVD Urgent

Hi. I am using my iMac Intel, and I inserted a new DVD, so I can record some stuff. Unfortunately, I can't see any disk in the Finder nor in Trash. Please help me.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 3:10 PM

You have to save the file(s) you want onto the computer then burn them to the DVD. Perhaps you can explain in more detail what you are attempting to do.

16 replies

Aug 15, 2015 3:18 PM in response to rkaufmann87

OK. I am trying to burn a disc using an app that I downloaded from the Internet called Burn. It burns anything to a disc. I want to download some songs onto a new DVD, but when I inserted the DVD, nothing appeared in the Trash, nor in the Finder.When I have done this before, I can see the disc, but now I can't.

And also, if the DVD appears on Finder or Trash, does it mean that it has been used?

Can't See Disk/DVD Urgent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.