Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code 0x8002006E when backing up iPhoto events to DVD

This just began this backup cycle.

With very few issues I was able to successfully burn 16 DVDs (taking a break at 10) on my iMac 21.3 inch desktop. Since then I have repeatedly gotten Error Code 0x8002006E. I am now missing my Wintel machine.

I have read a few comments, but most are dated (pre-2013).

-I have already done the Option+Command+R+P.

-I have already run Disk Utility.

-I have already shut down my computer overnight in the event I was overheating my drive.

I have seen one comment about running with a lens cleaner, but was a bit worried about that option.

If you do want to respond with an answer, PLEASE DO NOT send a link to other comments. From what I can see most go on without resolution.

As for iMacs and Apple products in general, I do miss the days when Apple made quality products.

Rob

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 4:34 PM

2 replies

Aug 16, 2015 2:44 AM in response to Robert Maihofer Ii

I have seen one comment about running with a lens cleaner, but was a bit worried about that option.

Cannot hurt if you use a lens cleaner that utilises tiny brushes. On no account introduce any liquid.

As for media, I am using Memorex DVD-R disks, I just burned files from a flash drive to a disk on an older Wintel machine and, gasp, it worked and was even much quicker! So, that should answer any questions regarding media quality.

Not necessarily. DVD burners can be picky about the media, and Memorex is not a brand generally recommended here. Most of us prefer Verbatim, Maxell, Fuji or Taiyo Yuden.

Also, use a low burn speed of 2x or 4x.

Error Code 0x8002006E when backing up iPhoto events to DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.