Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto/Photos

AGH so frustrated. So I updated my software not knowing about the iPhoto to Photos transition. I went onto Flickr to upload photos from yesterday, and the new files weren't accessible via Photos. The only photos i could select were my old iPhoto ones.

My problem here is that as I was looking through the iPhoto pictures I was able to select, I realized that a lot of them were ones that I had deleted on Photos after the update... meaning that I thought I deleted pictures to free up storage, but in reality they're still on my computer only inaccessible?!?

How do I delete these permanently? Can I?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 8:52 PM

9 replies

Aug 17, 2015 5:06 PM in response to CarlosMCA

Do you have a question (which is what this forum is for)?

And you are incorrect about Photos losing important features - if has mostly the same features with some great extensions including much more capable editing and total integration between Photos and IOS devices - not to mention that iPhoto still works just fine if you like it better for now

LN

Aug 18, 2015 3:41 PM in response to LarryHN

Yes, I asked a question, didn't you see it?

How can I hear the original sound of a vídeo when included in a slideshow project with photos, in Photos (program that came to replace the IPhoto)?

With iPhotos I could do it. Adding music to photos, in a slideshow with photos and videos, during the videos the music stopped and the original sound of the video was heard; after ending the video, added music was heard again. With Photos I cannot do this. And this is the answer I already obtained in this forum: with Photos it is impossible to do this. Do you have a different one??

And I cannot even see iPhotos in the app store. I would gladly change Photos by the old iPhotos!!

Aug 19, 2015 9:47 AM in response to LarryHN

Dear Sir

It is evident that you could not answer my question. Or... Photos has lost features that iPhotos had. And it is a pity.

But I did not understand you attitude. Are you an employee trying to defend Apple?? Not doing a good job, really I just want Photos to have features iPhoto had and lost. It is important Apple has feedback of those who buy his products, isns't it? I am not accusing or attacking anybody,,,

Anyway, this is a Forum about Apple products. And my intervention was about the question above;

AGH so frustrated. So I updated my software not knowing about the iPhoto to Photos transition. I went onto Flickr to upload photos from yesterday, and the new files weren't accessible via Photos. The only photos i could select were my old iPhoto ones.

My problem here is that as I was looking through the iPhoto pictures I was able to select, I realized that a lot of them were ones that I had deleted on Photos after the update... meaning that I thought I deleted pictures to free up storage, but in reality they're still on my computer only inaccessible?!?

So, I spoke of my previous question (see the complete list of questions and sujects, other than this set!):

How can I hear the original sound of a vídeo when included in a slideshow project with photos, in Photos (program that came to replace the IPhoto)?,

that one about other lost feature of iPhotos in Photos.

What is the problem with this ?? What I want is a SOLUTION!

iPhoto/Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.