Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2.2.25 is unusable

Hi,

Since the last few updates of iTunes, it has completely rendered itself unusable. I have iTunes 12.2.2.25 64-bit on Windows 10 with 16 GB ram, 20mb/s internet speed. My problem is when I do anything where it has to use internet whether playing iTunes radio or even trying to listen to a sample of a song, after 1-3 seconds it has to re-buffer (which takes like 10 seconds) and continues to do so every second of the song/sample. This problem has been persistent even before I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and I know it is not my internet speed because I can stream HD shows and movies online without a hiccup, it seems that iTunes is the only application having such issues. I have tried re-installing, clearing the store cache, starting it as an administer, checking my firewalls, and changing sound in preferences to "Direct Audio". Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advanced.

phantom0tiger

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 12:18 AM

9 replies

Aug 20, 2015 3:12 PM in response to phantom0tiger

I just wanted to say that I am having the same exact problem. It is incredibly frustrating. It has to be something within the radio function because in the "for you" section, I can click on an artist or album and it will play all the songs in that list without problem. As soon as I try to "start a station" from one of those tracks or just go to the "radio" section it starts to endlessly buffer and becomes unusable. Apple fix your crap!

Aug 24, 2015 2:14 PM in response to phantom0tiger

I was starting to think it was just me. That I had done something wrong to my iPod Nano Touch 6th gen. But now I see that iTunes and windows 10 are probably part of the problem. I wouldn't be upset except that my iPod has been rendered useless. The interface keeps turning to the voice over accessibility mode which is useless and all my songs are erased in an attempt to restore the iPod to factory.

I am going to have to find another way to manage my iPod now as apple doesn't want to let me use my product. they probably want me to buy a new device to correct this.

Sep 2, 2015 5:25 PM in response to phantom0tiger

I was having this same exact problem and I just fixed it. Not sure if this just worked out of coincidence but try the following:

1) Open iTunes and click on the radio tab

2) Click on your name to the right of the player bar on the top of the iTunes screen

3) Go to account info

4) Enter your password and log in

*5) I had "one download available" and I downloaded it. **Not sure if this line item has anything to do with it.

6) went back to radio and it started working again

I believe just logging into your account again reconnects iTunes to the web. Please let me know if this works for you

Sep 2, 2015 5:28 PM in response to Herrera90

Thanks for the reply, although I didn't have any downloads available it seems signing out and back in made it function for like an hour or so and would stop working, sometimes literally just stop functioning and when I close it and re-open I have to agree to the user terms and sign-in like I just installed the program. This application is just an utter mess, but at least I can get some patches of time where it works. I am just waiting for them to release an update that hopefully fixes the massive list of bugs.

iTunes 12.2.2.25 is unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.