Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Four years ago, I purchased a Bose docking speaker system for my ipod. I live overseas and wanted to have my music library stored on the ipod for use with a room speaker system. However, that ipod has only 16gb memory and will not hold all my music

Four years ago, I purchased a Bose docking speaker system
for my ipod. I live overseas and wanted
to have my music library stored on the ipod for use with a room speaker
system. However, that ipod has only 16gb
memory and will not hold all my music. I
want to upgrade my ipod to one with more memory, but the docking port for new
ipods is lightning, and the Bose speaker docking station has only a 30-pin
connector. If I purchase a direct
lightning to 30-pin adapter, place this over the 30-pin on the docking speaker,
connect the new ipod, will this then work for audio? I am interested in both charging the ipod and
connecting the ipod to the audio system.

Posted on Aug 15, 2015 8:14 PM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Rizhie

Hi Rizhie,

What type of iPod did you get ? A newish one i'd guess with non-updatable memory ?

What type of connector does your iPod and Bose speaker system have ? Skinny "Lightning" or the old fat 30-pin Dock ?

If it's the old "Dock", the older iPods are brilliant - G5 or G5.5 Video ones are great. Ok they're old but with simple mongery their internal memories can be increased hugely (as far as 1TB i believe).

My only reason for plugging the old G5 is they have a very good DAC. Gives a good representation of the tunes yer trying to play.

All the best,

Neil xx.

Four years ago, I purchased a Bose docking speaker system for my ipod. I live overseas and wanted to have my music library stored on the ipod for use with a room speaker system. However, that ipod has only 16gb memory and will not hold all my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.