Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update to ios 8.4.1 safari pages freeze touch irresponsive

since then safari pages freeze and touch not working anybody having the same problem?

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 12:55 AM

44 replies

Aug 21, 2015 5:19 AM in response to Briansyddall

I Have same issue on iPhone. Chrome works fine, but Safari only loads page nothing on any site works. Links don't open. I tried above suggestion but it had no effect. I also deleted history cleared data. No help either. You would think a flagship app on an apple device would just work. I will continue using Chrome since it works fine. I'll wait for the next "fix" to come out.

Aug 22, 2015 4:41 AM in response to beabea2000

I can't believe Apple anymore!

I have got iPhone 5S, only 5 month old. It was working so perfectly until I had iOS 8.3 then all sudden a bad thought came in my mind of upgrading it to iOS8.4, I did it & it was still better but then apple released another updated for iOS 8.4 as 8.4.1 which is ridiculous update.

So many bugs like Safari freezes, bluetooth getting disconnected, Playing music, songs moving forward but no sound. Main issue is with Safari, I rebooted the phone & it came up with invert colours. Lol

What the heck is wrong with apple? 😠

Aug 22, 2015 7:21 AM in response to Briansyddall

Brian,

Thanks. Yes I already wiped the phone last night and downloaded 8.4.1 to restore through iTunes. Had to set up a bunch of stuff again. Safari is still intermittent with regards to touch, none of the other apps exhibit this behavior. I did find that if I zoom the page/enlarge the link area it does respond to touch and the link works. Not all pages allow me to zoom however so this is just a work around. It is as though Safari can't recognize the high res pixel area. Since the reset wasn't a fix for Safari, I'll use Chrome or Atomic web or similar. They work fine. I'll hold my breath until iOS 9. My wife's iPhone 6 (which was purchased at the same time works fine right now). I have a 6 plus. We are not going to load 8.4.1 on her phone. I don't think I'm the only one having issues with 8.4.X, I checked to see if I could get an Apple Genius appt at the local stores and they were booked solid through the end of August! There were other issues reported with Bluetooth and Wifi being intermittent and with power drain being worse. Lucky so far not to notice those. My iPad has the update and is functioning OK.

Aug 22, 2015 7:56 AM in response to beabea2000

Just thought I'd chime in. I too am having issues with Safari freezing and touch being unresponsive. I've tried rebooting but that doesn't seem to help. I also tried toggling off wifi but that doesn't seem to help either. I've even noticed both the LTE and the WiFi logos overlapping in the top menu. Chrome however seems to work fine.

Aug 22, 2015 11:07 AM in response to beabea2000

I've lost the use of the "search" button on eBay (using Safari not the app) since I upgraded to 8.4.1, however it does work if I do even the smallest of zooms (Very strange !!).

Going by the number of complaints about 8.4.1 on this site, it's about time that Apple got the finger out and sorted the problem !

If you try and contact them, they want £25 if your warranty has expired. This is a **** cheek, as the problem has been created by Apple themselves.

Maybe we'll all just have to sweat it out until IOS 9 comes along in September !! (OR WILL WE BE WORSE OFF !!!)

Aug 23, 2015 10:35 AM in response to beabea2000

Unbelievable, apple is about to launch a new OS & still not able to fix the current one. Shameful guys, I'm so dissatisfied with your work, it feels like you have lost your good workers.

Basic feature ( Safari ) not working properly !!! Are you not ashamed of your work?

I Never had to use any other browser than Safari & you want me to use stupid Chrome or Opera? What is the use of buying phone worth $900 if basic things not working? iOS 8.3 & 8.4 were perfectly fine, you never needed to screw them. I don't know if you are able to recognise your mistake but you are going to loose so much.

this 8.4.1 is your complete failure & shows how passionately you are working -

1) freezing in between

2) safari screen blank

3) loading forever

4) new tab Or page , that little cubes icon not working

5) multiple taps on safari brings phone back to home screen

6) word suggestions in keyboard not able to recognise words if pressed back space.

7) music app asking to sign up again

8) Bluetooth getting disconnected

9) you are idiot

update to ios 8.4.1 safari pages freeze touch irresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.