Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp upgrade for Windows 10

It is a good news from Apple to have a upgrade version in following webpage.

Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support

My MacBook Air is qualified to install it. However, I have installed a 32-bit Windows 7 using bootcamp 4 before and upgraded to 32-bit Windows 10 Home. Currently some functions are not working so I believe I must upgrade the current bootcamp to version 6. I downloaded the 32-bit drivers and tried to install it on Windows 10 but failed with a simple alert "Error". Do I need to uninstall Windows 10 and remove the old Bootcamp and install a clean new bootcamp?

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 4:04 AM

3 replies

Aug 16, 2015 5:51 AM in response to Ray Li1

From the link you reference...

Upgrading from 32-bit versions of Windows

If you have an existing 32-bit installation of Windows on your Mac, you'll need to back up your important files so that you can remove the existing Windows partition and install a 64 bit version of Windows.

1. Back up any important files from your Windows partition.
  2. Use Boot Camp Assistant to remove the existing Windows partition.
  3. Then, use Boot Camp Assistant to install a 64-bit version of Windows 10 on your Mac.
  4. After you're finished installing Windows, copy your important files back to your Windows drive.

Aug 28, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Ray Li1

I tried to re-install Windows 10 a couple of times but all failed. Very disappointed! I must did something wrong and looking for you further advice.

• In OS X 10.10.5, I used Bootcamp Assistant to remove the previous Windows partition.
  • Create an iso file from DVD installation disc of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium using disk utility.
  • Create a bootable USB drive using Bootcamp Assistant.
  • Download the Windows support software to the USB drive.
  • Install Windows onto Windows Bootcamp partition.
  • Upon completion, the Windows 7 failed to boot up with error message saying incorrect digital signature (I am unsure what it is) and ask me to install with the original DVD disc. It is strange that the system did not ask the product key unlike I tried it with 32-bit Windows 7.
  • I followed it but it could not install Windows with the DVD disc.

According to the Bootcamp Assistant, it should support Windows 7.

I also tried to reinstall the 32-bit Windows 7 and the installation was successful and upgraded to Windows 10 correctly. However, the downloaded Windows support software did not work Windows 10.

It seems this new Bootcamp has some sort of bugs or I did do something wrong to result the installation failed. Any advice to leading a successful installation is appreciated. Thanks!

Bootcamp upgrade for Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.