Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud photo library has been disabled, why?

Over the past few days i have noticed that my ipad and iphone are planning to delete my photo collection, asking me to download it. I have made no changes that i am aware of. I pay a subscription for 20Gb of storage which is not full

iPad, iOS 8.4, iPad Air - 32Gig wifi only model.

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2016 9:56 AM

Hi,

Had the same problem though on top I didn't have enough space left on my icloud account, so i needed to purchase the next level of space first and only then I could "undo delete" to stop my icloud account from being deleted within 30 days.

16 replies

Aug 17, 2015 12:36 AM in response to seanfromkildimo

Dear All,

I too, having similar issue with my friends devices,,

The following is the email we have received from iCloud..

iCloud Photo Library has been disabled on all your devices and new photos and videos are no longer uploading to iCloud.
There are currently 3309 photos and 87 videos in your iCloud Photo Library
Original format, full resolution versions of your photos and videos are not stored on your devices. You must download your full resolution photos and videos to at least one device before they are deleted from iCloud Photo Library in 30 days.
To download your photos and videos to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8:
1. Connect to a power source and Wi-Fi.
2. Go to Settings and tap iCloud, then select Photos.
3. Tap Download and Keep Originals.
If your library exceeds the storage space available on your device, you can download your photos and videos to your Mac or PC from iCloud.com.
If you do not want iCloud Photo Library turned off, you can turn it right back on your iOS device:
1. Go to Settings and tap iCloud.
2. Select Storage and tap Manage Storage.
3. Select iCloud Photo Library and Undo Delete.
The iCloud Team
iCloud is a service provided by Apple. My Apple ID| Support| Terms and Conditions| Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2015 iTunes S.à r.l. 31-33, rue Sainte Zithe, L-2763 Luxembourg. All rights reserved.

My iCloud photo library has been disabled, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.