Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to import photos to computer but there aren't showing up

If you were to look at my phone, you'd see that I have around 900 photos and 50 videos. I want to move all of these to my computer, and I'm tired of trying to use photostream to do it. My plan was to plug the phone in, navigate to the appropriate folder(s), then just copy/paste them to a folder on my computer. So, I navigate to my phone--->internal storage--->DCIM---> a bunch of random folders. Now, these folders are supposed to have photos, and they do, but only about 25 total in all of the folders. Oddly, they were all created and last modified on the exact same day, 5/29/2015.

I also tried using the "imports photos" method, but that only imports the same photos noted above.

It's as if the pics, old and new, are being saved to some mystery, inaccessible location. Any thoughts on how to do this? For all of its ease of use, Apple really dropped the ball with photostream and photo handling in general.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 7:53 AM

5 replies

Aug 16, 2015 8:36 AM in response to ADEGIULIO

Then it looks to me that you have enabled iCloud Photo Library (Settings > iCloud > Photos > I P L). I do not have my pictures in iCloud as I prefer to back them up to my computer. As I understand it with IPL on your photos are on the Cloud and only a compressed small file is stored on your phone. That is very likely the reason you cannot see them on your PC DCMI folders. You can turn IPL off but I would have to defer to others as to the consequences as you do not want to delete pictures at all. Here is an Apple article that may help you, I hope.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

Aug 16, 2015 11:01 AM in response to elcpu

Thank you very much for the response. I gotta say, what you're telling me makes sense. One small problem is that my pictures aren't in icloud photo library either, so I can't copy them from there.. So frustrating. I remember back in the old days when things actually worked. Take a picture, it showed up in the camera roll and icloud...as well as a copy on my pc.. Now, it's a mystery. Sure wish Scooby Doo was around..

Trying to import photos to computer but there aren't showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.