Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share podcast link to podcast episode does not link to episode

Why, when using my iPhone 6 Plus with the latest version of iOS, does the share podcast function not create link to the episode (instead it creates a link to the podcast, no specific episode). Or if it does link to the episode, when I click on the link and it opens in the podcast app, why does it not open on the episode (again it just opens on the podcast, no specific episode). Clearly it is intended to share the episode as it auto fills text that says (something like) "check out this cool episode:".

Use case:

1. From podcast app select share episode, to Facebook

2. From Facebook app, click newly posted link

3. Podcast app opens to specified podcast with no episode selected.

4. Waste time and endure frustration finding another way to post the link to the episode because the Apple Podcast app doesn't work properly.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9), null

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2017 10:41 AM

STILL a problem as of March 2016. Hey Apple team, you should look into this. I am personally not going to use your app to listen to podcasts anymore, specifically because of this problem. I will be switching to another app. Fix this!

7 replies

Share podcast link to podcast episode does not link to episode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.