Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop

I had ARD at my last office (I purchased) and I deleted all the old imacs from it but for some reason my new work computer will not connect. I cannot find the license to make sure it's correct or active. I know I bought this app a lot time ago and haven't used it in about a year. Where do I see my license #?

Thanks

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Iphone 4, Macbook Air, Imac @ home & Work, Ipad

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 9:08 AM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2015 3:08 AM in response to Zuam08

Not sure I understand your question correctly but if you bought the App from Apple's App Store the license would be the Apple ID used to purchase it. If you bought the program (I use this word to differentiate the two 'versions') when it came on installable media (CD/DVD) the license would be with the media itself, either on a separate card within the box the media came in or on the cover sleeve for the media. You can also view most of the license key by launching the App, selecting Preferences from the Remote Desktop menu and from there it should be under Security? IIRC the last four digits would be asterisked out.

I use the word 'versions' to differentiate between the version you can now purchase on the App Store and the version available prior to the App Store which is now no longer officially available. This legacy version came with two distinct license keys. One for managing 10 clients and one for unlimited clients.

Apple Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.