Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck on red battery screen and won't switch on

Hey!

I have an iPad 2 64gigs GSM model, which is almost 4 years old. And I've been having this problem since a few months and it really is bothering me cause I'm not able to use my iPad.

My iPad is fully out of charge and whenever I connect it to a power socket it never changes from this screen:

User uploaded file

Don't worry about the cable, I've tried different new verified Apple cables and it never worked. It is connected to the original iPad Adapter that came with it.

The last time the iPad was switched on was like 4 months back and it worked fine for 2 days. The moment the charge level reached 15%, I plugged in the cable and it did not seem to charge.

I had tried putting it into DFU mode lately today and it worked, my iTunes found an iPad in recovery mode and I restored it too. But it went into the same problem again.

I haven't gone to a repair shop yet cause I wanted to ask you people for solutions If you had faced a problem like this!

And I do not have Apple Customer Care in the place I live and that is United Arab Emirates.

It is currently in iOS 8.4.1 . Please guys, help If you have a solution! Thank you!

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1, 64GB, GSM

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 10:35 AM

6 replies

Aug 16, 2015 11:13 AM in response to ApplePie1999

ApplePie1999 wrote:

Don't worry about the cable, I've tried different new verified Apple cables and it never worked. It is connected to the original iPad Adapter that came with it.

I wouldn't use that cable shown in the picture. Throw it away please. Using cables in the condition shown in the pic could cause a short in the device/battery/charging circuit and ruin it...it may already be shot if you can't get any response out of it using other cables & chargers.

iPad stuck on red battery screen and won't switch on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.