Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unchecked songs from my iTunes library sync to my iPod

I have an iPod touch that has 314.9 MB of space left. I have less songs than I had on my old iPod, and same goes for my iTunes library. It's version is 8.4. A lot of the space is being taken up by "Other," which I do not know how to get rid of. I got a new MacBook Pro a few months ago, and I synced it up with my iPod, but songs that I have unchecked in my iTunes library keep syncing onto my iPod. I also have songs I never downloaded on my iPod, and are not my computer (these may be another family member's). How do I delete and not sync songs I do not want since they cannot be deleted by the standard sliding and pressing delete on the song?

I've considered restoring my iPod, but I'm afraid I will lose songs I want that aren't on my computer, and lose app data.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 10:42 AM

2 replies

Aug 16, 2015 11:02 AM in response to sproutwizard

'Other' is storage for applications & system files.

See how much storage you've used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

View the usage on the device to see which apps may be using other storage.

Sometimes other can grow large if temporary files are not cleaned up, the simplest solution is to backup to iTunes & erase the device. Then you restore the backup, which should not re-create the files that are no longer required.

Do you ever sync to the computer? If you do that will create a backup of the iPod's content.

Apple also have this info for deleting data, but I wouldn't do that unless you have a recent backup…

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

Also check that you have the option to 'Only sync checked media' on in iTunes.

Unchecked songs from my iTunes library sync to my iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.