Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading FC Studio 1 to FC Studio 2 to Final Cut Studio 3

Hello

I'm an original owner of both FC Studio 1 and FC Studio 2 and would like to buy a used copy of FC Studio 3 on Ebay. My understanding is that in order to install an UPGRADE to FC Studio 3, (FCP7), I'd have to make sure the seller DEACTIVATED his/her copy of the upgrade before buying it. I would PREFER to purchase an Upgrade and NOT a full stand alone installation because I have plug in filter packages that would remain fully functional if the upgrade installation went well.

Can you guys confirm this or provide additional suggestions?

Thank you

Mike

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 12:04 PM

3 replies

Aug 16, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Shane Ross

Hello Shane

To be absolutely sure, (as I understand you), despite the fact that the previous owner used his OWN serial number from his prior install of FC Studio 2, (FC6), you're saying that all I need to do is use my OWN serial number from my previous install of FC Studio 2, (FC6), and his serial number for his Upgrade to FC Studio 4, (FC7). That's it - yes? Correct? And BTW, the upgrade product I was looking at is: Apple Final Cut Studio Upgrade BF266LLA. With this particular package, would I be missing anything from a FULL stand alone retail version of FC Studio 4, (FC7)?

Thanx

Mike

Using a Mac Pro 10.6.8

Upgrading FC Studio 1 to FC Studio 2 to Final Cut Studio 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.