Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate iPad 1 IOS 5

I have an Ipad 1 IOS 5.1.1 64GB 3G and I cannot activate through Itunes neither Wi-Fi. I have the latest version of Itunes installed. The Ipad is At&t carrier (unlocked). I tried everything in order to activate but I could not make it. i tried with the sim, without it, the next next next trick, DFU mode, Recovery mode, Recovery Fix with Redsn0w, Tinyumbrella. It had been working great before I restored a few days ago. It is NOT a hardware problem. It reboots every 3 minutes. What Should I do? Of course it is out of warranty. That's the first Ipad. Thanks in advance.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 4:12 PM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2015 4:57 AM in response to Renatocribeiro

After trying everything in order to make it activated, I could make it.

So here it goes:

I had to open the Ipad and unplugged the sim board (just unplug it) and took the communications board out (Take a look at ifixit guides). After this, I restored the Ipad normally. It means that my IPAD 1 3g turned out as an IPAD Wi Fi only. No more 3g. Better this than nothing.

If someone has this trouble and tried everything, this is your last chance.

Unable to activate iPad 1 IOS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.