Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Macintosh HD iPhoto '11 version 9.2.3 (I tried to update, it is the current version) THE PROBLEM: In iPhoto-can compile photo book, but freezes when upload to store I've

Macbook

Mac OS X

Version 10.6.8

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Macintosh HD

iPhoto '11

version 9.2.3 (I tried to update, it is the current version)

THE PROBLEM: In iPhoto-can compile photo book, but freezes when upload to store

I've tried to update iPhoto, but it is the current version

I've tried to upload multiple times over about a week

I've been able to upload photo books in the past

I've tried using my wireless internet connection-which has worked in the past

I've also tried using my hotspot from iPhone

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 3:13 PM

You are running the latest iPhoto version compatible with with your MacOS X and available from Apple'S downloads page. To be able to update to iPhoto 9.3 you would need to upgrade to Lion MacOS X 10.7.4 (see iPhoto 9.3)

Can you preview the book as a PDF, or does the preview also hang? See: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

Sometimes the upload will hang, if iPhoto cannot render the PDF preview, because the book contains a corrupted photo or uses problematic fonts or characters.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2015 3:13 PM in response to LDfromPR

You are running the latest iPhoto version compatible with with your MacOS X and available from Apple'S downloads page. To be able to update to iPhoto 9.3 you would need to upgrade to Lion MacOS X 10.7.4 (see iPhoto 9.3)

Can you preview the book as a PDF, or does the preview also hang? See: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

Sometimes the upload will hang, if iPhoto cannot render the PDF preview, because the book contains a corrupted photo or uses problematic fonts or characters.

Aug 21, 2015 9:04 AM in response to LDfromPR

To all who experienced the iPhoto Upload Problem: I use OSX 10.6.8 with iPhoto'11, and have never had a problem -- until about a week ago when I tried to re-order an existing photobook, or even a single card. After a long discussion with an Apple support rep who checked all my settings, he referred me to a senior advisor. They think hat the trouble comes from a recent change in the way the Print Products site communicates with the software, and they were working on the issue. iPhoto '11 is no longer compatible with anything except OSX Yosemite. Though it uses Photo instead, he said it had all the features of iPhoto, but you could get iPhoto anyway. I raised the issue of all the complaints about upgrading to Yosemite, but he said it's been out a while and bugs have been ironed out. Nevertheless, he advised to back up my system completely, which is standard for any major system upgrade. My only other choice was to wait until they solved the incompatibility issue, but they did not know when that might be. They were all courteous and helpful, and knew about the issue having arisen recently when the change occurred on the Print Products side.

Macbook Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Macintosh HD iPhoto '11 version 9.2.3 (I tried to update, it is the current version) THE PROBLEM: In iPhoto-can compile photo book, but freezes when upload to store I've

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.