Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After UpGrade to 10.10.5 iMac Hangs up before user screen

After updating to 10.10.5 iMac will not boot up. It hangs with a white screen just before the user login screen should appear.

Used CCC to reinstall 10.10.4 from my backup drive. Computer will now boot and works just fine on 10.10.4.

Any suggestions?? Do not want to attempt again. Afraid of all the extra work for nothing.

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 2:07 PM

6 replies

Aug 20, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Eric Root

None of this works.

Worse yet 10.10.5 installs automatically over night leaving the computer hanging in the morning. Carbon Copy Clone takes 20 minutes to return back to 10.10.4. The instal contains a SuperBug.

I have yet to try UpDating from the "osxupdcombo10.10.5" download to see what happens.

In the meantime how do I turn off the auto UpDate?

Aug 21, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the Info.

Tried Combo download to upgrade.

Got the white screen instead of the previous blue/back screen at login time. Waited a good 10 minutes then shutting down using the start/stop button. After tapping the start/stop button for a start the login screen appeared(indication was that the machine had completely shut down). After logging in the install continues for another 7 minutes. Now appears to be working just fine with 10.10.5.

Thanks Again.

PS: My iMac is a Mid 2011 i7 with the upgraded graphics card.

After UpGrade to 10.10.5 iMac Hangs up before user screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.