Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes double icon in taskbar (Windows 10)

Grettings

After update to iTunes 12.2.2.25 i found this issue, there is a double icon pinned in the Windows Taskbar (it has no present in the previous version of iTunes, it works fine).

I tried delete and put manually a shortcut in this path C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar but don't work, also, i tried reinstalling iTunes, but nothing happens.

Any ideas here? Is there any way to notify Apple of this bug or something else?

Maybe is no a critical bug or something, but... is annoying.

I appreciate you help.

iTunes-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 4:33 PM

11 replies

Aug 18, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Hunter Guerrero

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From what I understand, you are seeing a double iTunes icon in the taskbar on your Windows 10 machine. Usually when this happens, with iTunes closed clicking on the initial iTunes icon will launch the secondary icon, along with the application. If this is what you are seeing in your case, you should be able to right click on the first icon, select Unpin, then right click on the secondary icon and make sure that it is Pinned. When you close and relaunch iTunes, you should only see the single icon now.

Regards

iTunes double icon in taskbar (Windows 10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.