Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free iPhone 6 Scam?

I just received a survey regarding the next iPhone 7 claiming to offer a free iPhone 6 for taking the survey. Has anyone seen this one before? Is this real? If it is a scam, does anyone know who to report it to?

<Link Edited by Host>

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 8:57 PM

45 replies

Mar 23, 2017 2:14 PM in response to 22jt

Do they have any bank information? Or your social security number?

If not, I would change all my passwords just to be sure. You will probably be targeted for many other scams as they will no doubt sell your information - so, be prepared for that. You might want to change your email address now.

Sep 28, 2015 2:03 PM in response to GBig

I Just got a pop up through Safari saying I was eligible for a free iPhone 6s if I participated in a survey. I started to do so before I realized it was probably a scam. I provided my email address, home address, date of birth and phone number before I realized that this probably wasn't kother. What is my vulnerability and what should I do?

Sep 28, 2015 2:11 PM in response to Eric5943

As long as you did not allow anyone remote access to your computer and/or shared any passwords with them, the computer should be fine; however, you may not be. You gave out private/sensitive info to crooks - change your email address and expect all sorts of scam offers using your info. Did you give out any friends' email addresses/info? If so, tell them. Also be prepared - worst case scenario - that someone might want to use your info for ID theft - that is a bit out there, but it is possible. You appear to have given out everything but your SSN.

Free iPhone 6 Scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.