Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps telling me to upgrade to 12.2.2, but, I have! Help?

I updated to iTunes 12.2.2 but, iTunes keeps telling me I need to update to 12.2.2. When I go to the "about iTunes", it says I have updated to 12.2.2. But, I cannot access Apple Music - tells me to update. So, I downloaded the update from iTunes Apple Page. I am still being asked to update, after downloading/updating that way. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 6:25 PM

8 replies

Aug 19, 2015 8:12 PM in response to Deb Shofner

Thanks for the response Deb, but I'm all confused now. On my newer MBP, iTunes shows 12.2.2 in the Finder. But shows 12.2.2.25 in the "About iTunes" window. In my older MBP (MBP 3,1) I just downloaded the latest iTunes and installed it. In the Finder it's now called 12.2.2. But in the "About iTunes" window, it is called 12.2.2.25. Just like my newer MBP. (10,1). However, when I open iTunes on the two different MBPs, the newer one displays "My Music Playlists For You New Radio Connect iTunes Store" across the top. On my older MBP, ostensibly running the very same (Finder: 12.2.2, About iTunes: 12.2.2.25) version, the app displays only "My Music Playlists Radio Connect iTunes Store" with no way to select "For You" or "New" which means I cannot access the Apple Music Library at all. Very frustrating.

Anyone have some answers?

Thanks for your help!

D

Aug 20, 2015 6:16 PM in response to Deb Shofner

First, back up all data.

Select the iTunes icon in the Applications folder and open the Info window. Click the padlock icon in the lower right corner to unlock the settings.

In the Sharing & Permissions section, change the Privilege setting for each Name in the list to Read & Write. Close the window. If the settings aren't visible, click the disclosure triangle on the left so that it points down.

You should now be able to drag the iTunes application to the Trash and empty. Your iTunes data won't be affected.

Then download the iTunes installer package and run it.

Aug 20, 2015 10:25 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you for the easy-to-follow steps Linc, I went through them carefully, and deleted the old iTunes app. When the new one launched all my files were still there, but unfortunately the situation is unchanged. See the attached screen shots...

Both my old and new(er) MBPs show this 12.2.2.25 version number for the installed iTunes application. (As they did before the latest install.)

User uploaded file

But this is what the top menu looks like on my newer MBP (10,1):

User uploaded file

And this is what the top menu looks like on the older MBP:

User uploaded file

Really weird, right?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

D

iTunes keeps telling me to upgrade to 12.2.2, but, I have! Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.