Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi drive missing and scaling issue (small icon)

After I upgrade my window to window 10 (from 8.1 to 10) and upgrade to Boot Camp 6 (using Apple Software Update on window), my wifi drive is stop working and all the icon and window application also come small.

I have also try to download boot camp 6 from Boot Camp Assistance (on mac), but it dose not work either.

Could anyone please give me the solution?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Window 10

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2015 5:07 AM

I have this identical issue. I also found that my SD card reader doesn't work, is yours still working?

I contacted Apple support, but they just arrogantly dismissed this a Windows problem. According to them, as Wifi isn't listed on this site as one of the supported features, we shouldn't expect it to work! 😮 Only these features will work:

Of course this is total nonsense! Who will be happy to install this knowing that Wifi will stop working?! 😠

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2015 5:07 AM in response to WeYS3Qu2WkOGrRTrojiP

I have this identical issue. I also found that my SD card reader doesn't work, is yours still working?

I contacted Apple support, but they just arrogantly dismissed this a Windows problem. According to them, as Wifi isn't listed on this site as one of the supported features, we shouldn't expect it to work! 😮 Only these features will work:

Of course this is total nonsense! Who will be happy to install this knowing that Wifi will stop working?! 😠

Aug 22, 2015 4:42 AM in response to CalliedJ

OK, so after I spent an entire day and night on trying to resolve this, I've done the following:

• I uninstalled Bootcamp 6 by right-clicking on {USB drive}\Bootcamp\Drivers\Apple\Bootcamp.msi and clicking on Uninstall.
  • I re-installed Bootcamp 5.1 from my USB drive. This restored my Wifi to working order.
  • I reverted back to Windows 8.1
  • I tried to install Bootcamp 6, but it failed. I then installed it with this workaround.
  • I upgraded to Windows 10

Now it seems all is fine. Wifi working, SD card working, scaling issue resolved.

Lesson learnt - one should not upgrade to Windows 10 before first installing Bootcamp 6. 😎

Wifi drive missing and scaling issue (small icon)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.