Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Teaching Multimedia Class- Your Opinion

Hello All,

I'm facilitating an Intro to Multimedia class online (first time) and have an assigned syllabus that I can modify to a certain extent.

Just curious what you all might think would be good projects or techniques for people to learn. I was told I could be creative.

One idea I had so far would be a "video resume" of your skills for prospective employers as resumes seem to be going that way.

Does anyone have experience teaching multimedia ?

Thanks,
Al

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2015 12:58 PM

The term "multimedia" encompasses a very wide range of activities. Under that banner, one could teach about the creation process (determining client needs, scripting, design, graphics creation, lighting, audio, composition, production, post-production, etc, etc.) and/or the delivery processes (exporting to appropriate formats, uploading to and managing social media accounts, setting up displays, etc., etc.). Can you be more specific about which aspect(s) of "multimedia" you'll be teaching?

-DH

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2015 12:58 PM in response to UCanCallMeAl

The term "multimedia" encompasses a very wide range of activities. Under that banner, one could teach about the creation process (determining client needs, scripting, design, graphics creation, lighting, audio, composition, production, post-production, etc, etc.) and/or the delivery processes (exporting to appropriate formats, uploading to and managing social media accounts, setting up displays, etc., etc.). Can you be more specific about which aspect(s) of "multimedia" you'll be teaching?

-DH

Aug 20, 2015 6:26 AM in response to David Harbsmeier

Yea I wasn't very specific. Part of that is due to the school/advisor not giving me any feedback or communication on my ideas so far.

So far:

- obtain basic multimedia creation skills; knowledge of file types, video codecs, video editing, basic photoshop, etc..,

- obtain an awareness of real world situations that require multimedia skills such as a video resume

- gain experience working with another person on creating something because work life often involves team work and building on another person’s creative input is a skill.

- continue to develop a personal editing/production style

I'm going to have them do several basic video projects like an unboxing video, basic slide show, video resume, things you would see on youtube.

I would like them to get skills relevant to what's happening in the world now.

They will have access to Adobe Premiere in a lab setting and digital tutors website.

Thanks David,

Al

Teaching Multimedia Class- Your Opinion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.