Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeat music is ON by default, how can I change it permanently?

Hi,

the repeat option is always on by default every time I pick a song or an album to play and it's REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying!!!

How can I change it to not repeat?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 7:52 AM

Hello there, adi.

It sounds like when you play music, the repeat setting is turned on for what you play. The following link to the online iPhone User Guide provides the instruction on how to change the repeat setting:

Play music - iPhone

Play music

User uploaded file

Control playback. Tap a song to play it and show the Miniplayer. Tap the Miniplayer to show the Now Playing screen, where you can do the following:

• Tap User uploaded file to skip to the next song.

• Tap User uploaded file to return to the song’s beginning.

• Double-tap User uploaded file to play an album or playlist’s previous song.

Skip to any point in a song. Drag the playhead. Decrease the scrubbing speed by sliding your finger down the screen.

Share music. Tap User uploaded file, then choose a sharing option.

Shuffle. Tap User uploaded file to play your songs in random order.

Repeat. Tap User uploaded file to repeat an album or playlist. Double-tap User uploaded file to repeat a single song.

If you find the issue persists, although this article was written for third-party apps you install on your iOS device, the first set of steps are useful for troubleshooting the Music app, in this case:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2015 7:52 AM in response to adi.

Hello there, adi.

It sounds like when you play music, the repeat setting is turned on for what you play. The following link to the online iPhone User Guide provides the instruction on how to change the repeat setting:

Play music - iPhone

Play music

User uploaded file

Control playback. Tap a song to play it and show the Miniplayer. Tap the Miniplayer to show the Now Playing screen, where you can do the following:

• Tap User uploaded file to skip to the next song.

• Tap User uploaded file to return to the song’s beginning.

• Double-tap User uploaded file to play an album or playlist’s previous song.

Skip to any point in a song. Drag the playhead. Decrease the scrubbing speed by sliding your finger down the screen.

Share music. Tap User uploaded file, then choose a sharing option.

Shuffle. Tap User uploaded file to play your songs in random order.

Repeat. Tap User uploaded file to repeat an album or playlist. Double-tap User uploaded file to repeat a single song.

If you find the issue persists, although this article was written for third-party apps you install on your iOS device, the first set of steps are useful for troubleshooting the Music app, in this case:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Aug 18, 2015 1:29 PM in response to pedro d

Hi pedro,

Thanks for your reply...

I know how to turn the repeat off once it's on, the problem is that when I select a new album/playlist to play the repeat will turn back ON...

I never want my music to repeat but this option is ON by default and every time I choose a new playlist/album to play the repeat is ON no matter what was the status before.

This kind of behavior is unexpected and it started when Apple introduced the new Music app with Apple Music support (8.4).

Repeat music is ON by default, how can I change it permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.