Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very slow wifi downloads from app store

Since updating to 8.4.0 and then 8.4.1 apps from the app store take FOREVER to download over wifi. They work just fine downloading with the cellular network, but this eats up data. Help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 8:11 AM

Same thing is happening with Apple Music. With wifi the music doesn't play continuously, it stops and starts. With cellular it play as it should.

50 replies

Aug 17, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Saphsana

Its because you're on CenturyLink. Apple is not the problem in this case. It's CenturyLink internet service, and they refuse to acknowledge and fix the problem. I suggest you go to their facebook page and voice your displeasure until they fix it. I can't download anything from the itunes store, app store, or any updates through my CenturyLink Wifi router. Any other ISP or when I'm on data connection from my cell phone service, it works. But not on WIFI with CenturyLink.

Aug 20, 2015 2:17 AM in response to Saphsana

I Am having the same problem. I did not do the update, and am still at 8.4.0 on my iPad 4. The problem did begin around the time the update began to be offered, so I was thinking that it was because I did not do the update ~ but I guess not, since some of you who updated are experiencing the same issue. I have tried powering off and also the power/ home reboot. It isn't my connection speed, because I am able to stream videos with no problem. I am stumped.

Very slow wifi downloads from app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.