Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay connects but won't play

Hi, I can select my AirPlay speakers from my iPad Air 2 via the AirPlay options on the bottom screen, however when I start playback, it deselects the device. The same playback works from my iPhone 5s. Both are running iOS 8.4.1. Any ideas?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 11:18 AM

4 replies

Aug 20, 2015 11:47 PM in response to Mr8kc

I have the same problem. I use a iPhone 5, a iPad 4. and a Phillipps Fidelio DW3800W/10.
This combination worked fine with the previous iOS (V8.4. ?)

After updating to iOS V8.4.1., can I select the speaker on both devices, but as soon as I want to play a sound they jump back on iPhone or iPad.

I tried to use the speaker from iTunes, but it says: unknown error (-15007)

😟

Aug 24, 2015 12:06 PM in response to Mr8kc

Ok, I had two identic routers, Fritzbox 3970, one running as router and the other as access point. The AP is connected to the router with a network cable. On both devices I had WIFI active, with the same SSID but different channels. So my mobile devices could connect to the nearest WIFI station. This worked fine.
At a weekend I replaced the router one by a newer model: Fritzbox 7490. About this weekend I updated my iOS devices to 8.4.1.

Some days after the weekend, I found out Airplay does not work any more and thought it's a problem of iOS.

Now I found out, if I use different SSIDs (in my two Fritzboxes) Airplay works fine. Now I have to setup two WIFI configurations in my mobile devices.

AirPlay connects but won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.