Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4.1 problems

I installed 8.4.1 on my 5s last week, no prob, and a Facebook update the next day. Last night, it started to act buggy, freezing and crashing out of apps. I plugged it in to charge, turned it off and went to bed. This morning, it's turning itself on and off at its own whim, crashing out of apps and literally burning through battery. I'm currently doing an update through iTunes and, if that doesn't work, will do a factory reset.

This is my third iPhone, I've never had any problems like this. Is this normal? Is it related to the iOS update or is it a hardware issue? Is there anything else I can/should do to stabilize it? Not ready to buy a new one if I don't have to.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 7:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 10:24 AM in response to TwistedTory

Apparently, there have been reports of different problems introduced by iOS 8.4.1. It seems that different issues affect different users and that others are not being affected at all. I've had to reboot my iPhone and iPad on several occasions since the upgrade. The Podcast app crashes all the time on my iPhone. And I've had issues with battery life and on the iPad, hyperlinks in emails won't open the page in Safari. Anyway, here's an article that describes some of the problems and provides some fix suggestions:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/08/17/ios-8-4-1-problems-fixes/

iOS 8.4.1 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.