Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While on Recovery Mode: Does anyone knows how to set the Timezone in the boot disk utility for Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion??

My 2010 Macbook Pro has the wrong time-zone from where I live, and it is affecting the installation of OS X Yosemite. After accessing the terminal in disk utilities during a recovery boot I noticed that my Macbook has the wrong time zone, it says: Monday August 17, 2015 PDT. or in another occasion Monday August 17, 2015 UTC. I found this using the command "date" on the terminal. Now I am in the Eastern Daylight Time or EDT not PDT (Pacific) does anyone know the proper commands to set and change the time zone??? I googled it, and tried many command suggestions but I got : "command doesn't exist" or "command not found", for example I tried: :systemsetup -listtimezones" and it did nothing !! PLEASE HELP ME!!

Message was edited by: Explorer22x

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), How 2change Timezone @BootRecovMode

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 7:43 PM

There are no replies.

While on Recovery Mode: Does anyone knows how to set the Timezone in the boot disk utility for Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.