Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing photo

All of my photo prior to January 2005 have vanished,they were all available via iCloud on all of our devices, how can I get them back

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 8:34 PM

16 replies

Aug 29, 2015 10:58 PM in response to BennLop2

I thought you said iTunes said there was 1GB of photos, but that is not in your posts. I must have confused this with another thread when I typed that.

I'm at a loss as to what happened to the older photos. I've not heard of iCloud photos, and especially just certain older ones, disappearing. When they are deleted, even if by accident, they are retained in recently deleted for 30 days. So what happened to the photos happened over 30 days ago. You mentioned that they disappeared "on all our devices", which means you either have a shared photo album or are sharing one Apple ID on those devices used by others. You may not have deleted them yourself, but someone else could have deleted them from one of the other devices without you knowing at the time. Otherwise, I believe yours is the first case of its kind where photos of a certain age have disappeared without one of the users of the devices deleting the photos. I don't know of a way to get them back.

Aug 30, 2015 8:18 PM in response to UGADog

Thanks for your honesty about not knowing how to get them back, however nobody has deleted the photos from my end, and your statement that I must be the first one to every have this problem is totally false as a simple web search will prove. I simply want my photos(property) back if you don't know how to do it then may I suggest you find someone who can

missing photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.