Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i recently noticed that my macbook makes a rattaling noise when i shook it does this happen to anyone?

I recently noticed that my macbook makes a rattaling noise when i shook it does this happen to anyone?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 9:55 PM

This is not normal. There should be no rattle. Mine doesn't make noise when I'm moving it but I don't shake it. My magic mouse rattles, but that is due to a drop.

8 replies

Aug 25, 2015 8:51 AM in response to peachpie132

Ok, I have another thread talking about this, and one of the user named Elixir1119 having the same issue on his MacBook Pro. So I asked if he could go to his nearest Apple Retail Store to check if other MacBook Pro having the same issue. He did, and all demo MacBook Pro having the issue consistently. The Genius over there even said that that's normal, cause it need some space for it especially when charging (battery will expand and shrink). I'm not sure if it's normal, but since every demo units suffering the same issue then it might be normal, just might be. I'll let you know if my Retina MacBook 12-inch replacement unit arrived. It's currently on Preparing To Ship status. I think I might getting it this week or Monday. By the way, did your MacBook 12-inch making creaking noise while opening/closing/tilting the lid?? Mine having this problem too. Please let me know. Thanks.

Oct 1, 2015 9:15 AM in response to homeboy9991

Hello,

Was the issue fixed for you in your replacement. I took my macbook pro back to apple and showed a different genius the issue. He said it wasn't supposed to do that and happily replaced my entire unit with a brand new computer in the box and everything. First thing I checked in the new one before I even took it out of the plastic was if it made the rattle sound... It absolutely to my dismay did. I'm guess It's just a thing that's happening in this new line of MacBook pro's and MacBooks. It's really disappointing but I guess I'll have to live with it.

i recently noticed that my macbook makes a rattaling noise when i shook it does this happen to anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.