Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No third display after OSX updates on Mac Pro late 2013

Hi there,

I have a Mac Pro 2013 that worked excellently with 3 Samsung S24C750 displays (1 through active Thunderbolt-HDMI adapter as prescribed by AMD and Apple) until I updated to 10.10.3.

Then the 3rd display with active adapter refused to be seen by the system. Changing the displays or trying another adapter did not solve the problem.

Stepped back to 10.10.2 and all was fine again.

There is a case about this with Apple Care NL, but although very friendly Apple guys tell me time and again how sorry they are, nothing gets done, apart from promises that new updates will solve it.

Alas, 10.10.4 and 10.10.5 have the same problem. Every time I a have to step back to 10.10.2, in order to get my 3 displays back.

• I’ve tried other brand adapters
  • I’ve switched all displays around
  • I do connect only 1 display to each Thunderbolt

So we can safely assume that this a OSX problem and not a hardware problem!

There does not seem to be a way to get through to Apple about this and the problem does not get solved!

Does anybody have an idea? Thanks in advance!

Bye

Ward

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 12:41 AM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2015 12:07 PM in response to bergmans23

Hello again,

Even with the latest 10.11 El Capitan update the problem remains, and the Apple support keeps telling me, they don't know and they can't help, because it's not a native Apple configuration!! Pathetic!

So that's what I get for my € 4.500???

For a third of the money I could have bought myself a very fast Windows PC with ATI graphics card that DOES support 3 displays, no problem!

Needless to say I'm quite underwelmed by the level of service and knowledge at Apple, not even touching on the (total lack of) willingness of the third line techies to solve this.

This will be my last MAC, that's for sure!!

No third display after OSX updates on Mac Pro late 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.