Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth mouse not working after OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 update

My bluetooth mouse is not working this morning after updating yesterday (17 Aug 2015). Bluetooth is on and my mouse appears as a device but is not connected. The mouse batteries are fine and the green light flashes when i turn it on but it does not pair.

Macbook pro connecting to a magic mouse

so far i have turned bluetooth on and off and turned the mouse on and off, changed the batteries and restarted the computer....nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Can i undo the update and see if it goes back to being OK?

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 12:51 AM

Try SMC Reset: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

8 replies

Aug 18, 2015 1:13 AM in response to iW00

did not make any difference but not sure if i did the correct thing. there was no visual indication on doing the SMC. I shut the computer down then disconnected the power lead. Reconnected the power and pressed the shift-control-option keys on the left and the main power button then released all at the same time. The green light on the power in cable did not change it just remained on all the time. Then pressed the power button again. The computer powered up and the mouse tried to pair but was not connected.

Aug 18, 2015 7:55 AM in response to PLD11

solved the problem....i am now fully moused up again!! I needed to do a PRAM reset. I did an SMC reset first but that did not help, just did a PRAM reset by holding down the option-cmd-R-P keys immediately after turning on and releasing them after the second restart sound. After that my MacBook asked to be paired with my mouse and bobs-ya-uncle they finally talked!! only wasted about 5 hours of my day!

bluetooth mouse not working after OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.