Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm Clock Not Working (Sometimes)

I have a new iPhone 6 64GB iOS 8.4, ringer is set to max and cannot be changed by buttons, silent mode is off though it shouldn't matter.

I use the alarm clock to wake up every day, I don't like the long 9 minutes snooze so I do a "manual" snooze and set an alarm every 5 minutes from 6AM to 7AM.

Sometimes the alarm clock doesn't work, and I'm not talking about one of them, I'm talking about all of them.

For example, this morning all of the alarms didn't ring, and then I got a phone call which rang normally.

When I wake up I see the iPhone's lock screen with the alarm label showing, like it looks when the alarm is actually ringing.

I can't really test the problem since its only happening sometimes.

I had a similar problem with my iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.1.1.

The alarm sometimes didn't ring, but displayed the screen it shows while ringing.
Until one day I was awake and managed to "catch" my iPhone's alarm ringing for like a split second then the ringing went off, but the screen still looked like it was ringing.

Didn't manage to solve that problem and I don't want to have it in my new iPhone 6 as well.

By the way I didn't backup anything for the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 6.

I think it also worth mentioning that I think I have noticed that sometimes when I get texts or notifications on my iPhone 6, they ring according to the "general" iPhone volume, and not max volume like the ringer is set too.

Any help?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 17, 2015 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2015 9:50 AM

Same problem here. It happened again this morning, I overslept. This has been happening since having iOS8 on an irregular basis. I can't figure out a reason for it. Every time it happens, I reset my iPhone so it works again for a while...I'm glad I'm not the only person having this issue because I started believing that I slept so deep and didn't hear the alarm...If anyone can help that would be great!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2015 9:50 AM in response to WiziTheWizard

Same problem here. It happened again this morning, I overslept. This has been happening since having iOS8 on an irregular basis. I can't figure out a reason for it. Every time it happens, I reset my iPhone so it works again for a while...I'm glad I'm not the only person having this issue because I started believing that I slept so deep and didn't hear the alarm...If anyone can help that would be great!

Sep 15, 2015 10:03 PM in response to WiziTheWizard

I am also having issues with my alarm on my iPhone 6 16g iOS 8.4. Occasionally I hear the alarm for about 1 second before it silents itself but the screen shows the alarm going off. The problem is hit or miss making it dangerous to oversleep when I start trusting my alarm again. I have had this problem for about 2 months. I have checked forums on this and tried resetting my phone and deleting my alarms but no luck.

Apple makes one of the greatest products in the world, I can't believe I am having so much trouble with something as simple as an alarm!

Oct 22, 2015 1:56 AM in response to WiziTheWizard

My boyfriend and I both have the same issue with our alarms on our iPhones. We both have upgraded to the latest ios. He has an iPhone 6 and I have an iPhone 5. I've tried resetting my phone before multiple times which has worked for short periods of time, but at least once a week it won't go off at all. When I wake up I check to see if it had and the alarm is still switched to on and everything, even if it's not an everyday alarm. On my boyfriends phone I've watched him fix the volume several times for his alarm at night before bed and I have even done it for him and there are still times when we both wake up late because the sound is playing at the lowest level possible. It's becoming an unreliable source for an alarm. Especially since my boyfriend works 4am-12 and lives 30-40 min away from his job.

Alarm Clock Not Working (Sometimes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.